Are families and children Welcome?
Yes! Our charters are Family Friendly! Ladies and Kids are welcome on all our charters.
We cater to first timers as well as experienced anglers!
How many people can go on a charter?
Our charters can accommodate up to 6 passengers.
Do we need fishing licenses to fish with you?
No, fishing licenses are included with every fishing charter.
What do you supply?
Captain Brandy supplies everything you need to fish including:
• Fishing licenses
• Fishing rods, reels, tackle and gear
• Cooler with Ice for your catch and to keep your drinks cold
• Bottled Water
• Professional fish cleaning
What do we need to bring?
• Bring small coolers on board with plenty of beverages to stay hydrated. Ice is provided.
• Keep a larger cooler in your vehicle to bring home your catch. Captain Brandy will supply the ice.
• Snacks. A day on the water can work up an appetite!
• Sun protection is very important! Make sure everyone in your party has polarized sunglasses, hats and sunscreen.
• Towels, Non-Slip Shoes & Camera
• If you are concerned about sea sickness, consider motion sickness medication such as Dramamine. Always consult with your doctor before taking any medication!
What can't we bring?
• No glass containers.
• No hard liquor.
• No illegal substances, no matter how minor!
Captain Brandy requests that you also do not bring spray-on sunscreen or dark soled shoes which can leave stains and scuff marks on the boat.
Can we bring alcohol on board?
Beer and wine are allowed but NOT in glass bottles. Hard liquor is NOT allowed.
Any wine in glass bottles must be transferred into a non-glass container before leaving the dock.
Can we keep the fish we catch?
Yes, as long as the fish is in season, the proper size and within the daily catch limit.
Some fish you catch may be protected or out of season and are 'Catch and Release' only.
Captain Brandy is knowledgeable of current fishing regulations and will let you know which fish are 'Keepers'.
How do we Book a Charter?
There are 3 Easy Ways to Book a Charter with Captain Brandy!
• Call or text Captain Brandy at 850-736-9606 to check availablity and to book your departure date and time.
• You can email Captain Brandy at email@example.com
• Or use the handy "Book A Trip Form" on the CONTACT page.
Is a deposit required to book a charter?
Yes, a small deposit is required at time of booking.
Payment of the balance is required at the dock BEFORE departure.
Where do we depart?
We typically depart from the Day Break Marina located on the south side of Pensacola just off Highway 98. The marina is just 2 miles from the Pensacola Bay bridge to Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach.
The address is 811 S R St, Pensacola, FL 32502.
See the WHERE WE DEPART page for a Google Map.
What time do fishing trips begin?
Morning fishing charters typically begin at 6:00 AM
Afternoon fishing trips typically begin at 1:30 PM.
Above all this is your fishing trip so Captain Brandy will work with you to begin the charter at a time convenient for you. Captain Brandy will usually set up the day you want to fish and then firm up the time with you a few days before the trip.
How early should I arrive for my fishing trip?
Please arrive fifteen to twenty minutes before the scheduled charter time. By this time the bait and ice will be on board and Captain Brandy will be ready to load your personal things.
Is There a Bathroom?
No, standard outdoor bathroom etiquette applies. Shore runs are possible, but it will reduce fishing time.
What about Cancellations?
If you must cancel a fishing trip, please contact Captain Brandy as soon as possible.
Cancellations made by you less than 24 hours before the scheduled time of departure will result in loss of deposit.
If Captain Brandy must cancel a scheduled fishing charter due to unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather or mechanical failure, your deposit will be refunded.
What if the weather forecast looks bad?
Captain Brandy will keep in touch with you leading up to the fishing trip. He is always on top of the radar and will contact you if weather is going to be an issue. If bad weather is expected, there will be no trip and your deposit will be refunded. If necessary we will work with you to reschedule. Above all Captain Brandy wants you to have a great fishing trip and not a bad weather experience!
What about Tipping?
Tipping is not required but it is customary to tip 15% to 20% of the charter cost especially if you had a really good time!
If you have any other questions about Captain Brandy's Upper Hand Pensacola Fishing Charters, please call or text Captain Brandy at 850-736-9606 or email Captain Brandy at firstname.lastname@example.org